Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bloggy Birthday

I started blogging one year ago. I did have some reasons for starting a blog, but I wasn't really sure what they were. I'm still not sure what they are, even though I do still have some reasons for continuing this blog. It's not as if I'm adding anything to THE conversation (I'm not as delusional as some bloggers out there), but I do think I add to A conversation - not just the conversation I have with myself (though anyone who knows me will understand that this blog does add to a conversation that I actually do have with myself) but more so with my friends from reality that I like to keep up with online. And with some of you stalkers. I know you're out there. You better start your own blog soon, or I'm going to call you out.

Some of the posts here have been somewhat thoughtful, some much less so. Some have been informative, others not at all. I don’t have a great memory, so this blog has been a nice way for me to record significant days and fun trips. I’ve tried to use this as a way to hold myself accountable on things I want to accomplish, though I don’t know if it is as effective as any other tool I’ve used in the past (which is to say that I can never really find a good way to hold myself accountable). Some posts were light-hearted, some were serious, some were in jest, and some were purposeful. Funny, sad, excited, dreadful. You get the point.

I guess I can't think of a good way to describe my blog other than "random". I tagged posts in 24 categories, and I probably could have tagged more categories than that along the way. I suppose that I am a fairly random person with fairly random and varied interests, so it's only fitting that my blog reflects that. There is no theme or rhyme or reason to the posts, and maybe that's something that should change, but that's the way it is for now. And maybe forever.

Other anniversary facts:

I think overall I am glad that I have a blog. If nothing else, I enjoyed taking some time tonight to peruse the things I've written over the last year. I was reminded of things that made me laugh, things that made me cry, places I've been, thoughts I've had, books I've read, crazy things that have happened to me, etc, etc, etc.

So, Happy Bloggy Birthday to me!

No comments: