Friday, November 14, 2008

Mister Mouse

I babysat last night for a little boy who LOVES to read. It was so fun to snuggle with him before bedtime and read from his favorite book of short stories.

We read about Pierre chasing the robber. We read about the sly fox who outsmarts the crow. We read about bunnies, and colors, and birds, and shapes.

But my favorite story was the one about Mister Mouse.

You see, Mister Mouse was lonely. Then one day he got a letter from Mistress Mouse. She was lonely too, and wanted him to come to her house. Even though he had no idea where Mistress Mouse lived, he set out to find her. Along the way he ran into Mister Cat, Mrs. Hen, and Mister Lion, but he eventually found Mistress Mouse. And they got married – on the spot! They went on picnics and car rides and were never lonely again!

What a great story. I just had no idea that is how it all worked.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a letter to write.

1 comment:

Eva Joy said...

Can I get a copy?

I'm too lazy to write my own.