Thursday, June 11, 2009

For the Sake of My Sister

So I've mentioned my LOVE OF SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE.

I've watched it from the start. The first season started when I lived with my parents (MAN, that seems like forever ago) and I was getting ready for Miss MN. I basically spent two hours every night working out, so I would put SYTYCD on the TV in the garage while I did squats, sit ups, more squats, more sit ups, and jumped rope until I HATED it. ANYWAY. The dancers were so motivating (which I totally needed) and I fell in love with them. Over the years the show itself has come so far in production, choreography, entertainment, etc. And I just love it. I taped the finale from last summer because I seriously thought the dancing couldn't get any better than last year.

Well, last night may have made me eat those words. There were only two of the ten dances that I didn't like. I think my sister may now be hooked on the show, since she calls me to talk about it......

BUT she hasn't seen my FAVORITE DANCES of other years. So I thought I would post some of them here. She said that her favorite dance from last night was the hip hop routine that told a great story. So first I'll post some of my favorites in that genre.

First, Katie and Joshua dancing about him getting his notice to go to war.




Now Chelsie and Mark dancing about love vs. work......

I personally love the contemporary dances with props.

Here is one from "Twitchington"


And one from Twitch and Katee


And the Emmy Winning dance from Travis and Heidi (two seasons ago)


I MUST include a dance from Courtney and Gev just because I thought they were the cutest thing ever.


Okay, only two more, I promise!

Will was my FAVORITE DANCER EVER last season (and I still think it is a travesty that he didn't win - sorry Joshua) so it only makes sense that my two favorite dances have to do with him.

First with Jessica


And with Katee

Okay, that's PLENTY. Enjoy, sis.

6 comments:

Eva Joy said...

ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT ILOVEIT

Eva Joy said...

Favorites are Bleeding Love, Twitch and Katie, and Alone.

And, also, the other 5.

:-D

cutewatergirl said...

Hannah~

Andy and I got hooked on SYTYCD with some friends of ours a couple of years ago and you totally picked all the ones we loved the most as well. We even went to see the show last year when it was in town on tour! (I had to drive on very little sleep for 8 hours after Britt Johnson's wedding in Peoria to get back in time for the show, but it was totally worth it!)

Jess(Koehn)Kuhn

Sarah said...

I adore this show!!!

Becca said...

while I can't say that I've ever watched that show (or ever plan to...), that post must've taken you hours to download! Therefor I admire your dedication, and you make me smile.
:)

Hannah said...

Ha! No, actually, thankfully, it only took about 10 minutes to write the post and 5 minutes to download, so that part wasn't what was so time consuming....but one part was: me watching the videos over and over and over and over.... :)