Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Justification

Not theology. Just an explanation for starting a blog.

I do have reasons. But as I was thinking about what I would say in a post about why I started this, I got really bored. So I figured if I’m bored with my reasons for starting a blog, there is no reason to bore anyone else who might stumble upon it.

Just know this:

  • I started a blog
  • I do have reasons
  • The reasons may or may not come out in the course of my posts over however long I stick with this
  • I've never really "stuck with" anything in my life, so don't expect me to stick with this either (essentially, I want you all to have very low expectations of me...)
  • I still can't really decide if my reasons to do a blog are better than my reasons to not do a blog, so I am just going with it - effectively overriding my indecisiveness and tendency to over think things in one fell swoop (is "fell swoop" an actual phrase? Or am I saying it wrong? Like on Friends when Joey thinks it is "moo point" instead of "moot point" ("You know, like a cow's opinion. It doesn't matter." So funny). I could practice due diligence and look this phrase up, but that is not the point of this blog and I don't intend to put that much effort into it. I also just realized that I used parentheses inside of parentheses, so I should really end this sidebar before it goes any further....)

That about covers it for now. Although I didn't really offer any justification.

Whatev.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I like it. I will probably check it whenever I'm online.