Monday, July 13, 2009

Me Likey

Today was a really great day:
  • I FINALLY closed on my refinancing. Now I will save money, which makes me happy.
  • I had to go to Brainerd for the closing, so I took the day off work and read on the dock ALL DAY. It was sunny and mild. PERFECT.
  • Went over to the neighbors' and sat in their new hot tub with the girls for awhile.
  • I came up with plans and dreams for the cabin. Most likely none of them will ever happen, but it is fun to dream.
  • Went running for the first time since the 5K in May. I barely ran 2 miles (and I am in a 5K next week....ugh...) but I didn't have a problem with my foot, so that is good news.
  • I love having friends at the cabin, but I also like a day there by myself. It is such a retreat for me.
  • Great time in the car on the way there and back listening to interviews, music, and chatting on the phone.

Today was much needed after a crazy-busy weekend including a wedding, watching a triathlon, playing at the cabin, going to church, a picnic with friends, and only six-seven hours of sleep. Now I feel rested, refreshed, and ready for the week. Now if I only could never work another Monday in my life....

No comments: