Thursday, July 16, 2009

Here, Here!

My thanks to Becca for her post about our church. I, too, LOVE our church.

In addition to the small-town feel, the small group support, and the great acts of service that Becca mentioned, I loved that I immediately was connected to an awesome (read: godly and fun) peer group. I knew that I could find that at a number of churches in the area, but what I couldn't find above and beyond a supportive peer group that I did find at SGF is instant access to fabulous mentors (who are willing and excited to participate in my life) and opportunities to be directly involved in the lives of children. As a single woman I am more and more struck by the importance of being fed by older, wiser, married women, as well as "expressing the nurturing aspect of [my] femininity" through interacting with children (which is an awfully formal way of saying what I feel, but I can't think of a better way of saying it).

So, thank you, SGFers for being a part of my life, and letting me into yours! And thanks to God for His grace!

No comments: