Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Prepare to Bawl.Your.Eyes.Out.

For someone who doesn't like Oprah's show that much, I sure do mention it a lot. And I am SO glad I caught the last bit of it today.

I actually only turned it on in time to see the last minute of this video, and I was SOBBING at just that. So please, take the six minutes to watch this video......and get the Kleenex.

What an amazing couple. What amazing faith. What amazing creativity. I'm so thankful to see the Lord's many blessings in their lives, even through their immense pain.

I'm also so thankful to see this story on Oprah. Their video speaks to the miracle of life, the preciousness of life, and the sanctity of life.

The couple was on the show via Skype and they are two weeks from delivering another baby. I pray they will be showered with many blessings again.

My favorite lines from the video:

"The logic of medicine says you shouldn't be alive, but you are."

"An underdeveloped lung, a heart with a hole in it, and DNA that placed faulty information into each and every cell of your body could not stop God from reveling Himself through a child who never uttered a word. Not a pulpit, not a slick presentation, not a best selling book. But a six pound boy with Trisomy 18. God found great pleasure to take a lowly thing in the eyes of the world and show truth."

(If you have trouble with the link, search for the video "99 Balloons" on YouTube)

No comments: