Thursday, August 7, 2008

Number 10

If you’ve known me for more than a day, you know that I love fast food. That’s because I eat fast food at least once a day (IT’S CALLED CONSISTENCY, PEOPLE). Some of you are thinking “ewww” and some of you are thinking “yum”. I really think it is a combination of both. Totally yummy-grossness.

My disease is so rampant that in high school, my town had no Burger King, so I would drive 30 minutes (one way) JUST to eat Burger King. MMMM…..flame broiled. I really like so many of the fast food restaurants, but my tried and true fave is McDonald’s (who’s isn’t?!). I like it more each day, and it’s not because they’ve improved their menu with salads and “apple fries”. Look, MickeyD’s, you can add as many healthy options as you want, and I will still order the 10 piece Chicken McNuggets. *cue mouth watering*

I hardly ever waver from ordering this meal, however over the years I have changed my habits a bit. For a while I didn’t order the fries. Also, I used to always order BBQ sauce, but then one fateful day in Rome I was starving, so we caved and went to a McDonald's, where my friend ordered sweet and sour with her nuggets. One dip and I was hooked.

So you can imagine my disappointment when I drove through McDonald’s last night and ordered the WRONG MEAL! I said “Number 10 with Sprite” and moments later, as I arrived at the window to pay, I realized that I was thinking 10 piece nuggets, which caused me to say TEN when the nuggets are actually Number 12 (I know – don’t confuse an ABSENT MINDED SCATTERBRAIN with ADD, okay?!). Oops. I dreaded what meal awaited me at the next window. At best, a cheeseburger. At worst, a fish sandwich. It turned out to be a chicken sandwich (with pickles – just pickles). Not so bad. I lived to tell about it.

This whole situation made me consider changing things up a bit and working my way through the menu. I suppose if I am going to eat fast food everyday I could at least vary the meal choices. I entertained that thought for all of three seconds before my mouth started watering for some chicken nuggets with sweet and sour. I mean, seriously. What do they put in those things?!

1 comment:

Laura said...

We were just reading that the dollar menu might go through some modifications because of the rising costs of everything, it costs more than a dollar to make a delicious double cheese burger. So, if you think of it, could you order me a double cheeseburger with no pickles and save it for me when I get back from Lithuania? You can eat it for me too, if you want. Use your discretion.