Friday, April 3, 2009

Looking Forward

Haven't been blogging much lately. Haven't really been in the mood. Haven't really been in the mood for anything. Kinda in a funk. Much of the funk is due to my sadness over the fact that one of my favorite best friends won't be living in the same state as me anymore. (Don't get me wrong, it's exciting for them and all, but it is also sad. I love her! Her husband is great! Her baby is the bestest ever! I want to be around for everything going on in their lives. But alas, we will have to invest in webcams.) Combine that with the probable stress fracture in my left foot, annual reviews at work, and the dreary weather (until today).....it's just been.....blah.

BUT.

There is something I am EXTREMELY EXCITED about.

IT'S ALMOST CABIN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I (thankfully) worked a conference today, so I was done at noon. I had heard on the radio that the Lake Home and Cabin Show was going on this weekend in Minneapolis, so I took the extra time I had this afternoon and headed over there. It was fun to browse and dream and scheme. I seriously CAN'T WAIT to head up to the cabin!!!

There are definitely times when I get a little stressed about owning a home - especially one that I don't live in! But the anticipation of spending quality time up there with friends and family, and all by myself, makes the stress seem insignificant. I always pray that the cabin will be a blessing to everyone who takes the time to head up there, because it is a big blessing to me. And I'm so excited to share it!! BRING ON THE SPRING!

2 comments:

Hannah W said...

thanks for granting me yet another good cry this week. I open up to see, yea! hannah was finally blogged! and then... tears.
Love you!
Wish you were here to run the 10 mile with me tomorrow, but don't worry I'll bring up the rear like a champ!

Becca said...

I saw you in church on Sunday and thought you looked great... but I wondered how the "news" had hit you. THanks for sharing- I'll be praying for you!