Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pollyanna

Two Saturdays ago, I was bounding around the house, excited and nervous to go on a walk with a boy.

My roommate had a friend over who made a comment about me (that I didn't hear) to which my roommate responded "Oh, I forgot to tell you. I live with Pollyanna."

"HUH? What is that supposed to mean?!", I said.

My roommate replied, "Oh, it's a compliment! I just meant that you are so optimistic and hopeful."

Whew. That's not so bad. I was thinking that I was really annoying my roommate and she wasn't telling me!

I'm thankful that I am still optimistic and hopeful about dating. True, I've never dated anyone, so I've never been really "hurt" - which definitely helps with the optimism, I suppose.

But it has been two weeks and he hasn't called. I don't care how optimistic I am - he isn't going to call.

Even Pollyanna knows that.

No comments: