Monday, April 27, 2009

It's Official

I LOVE Shane and Shane.

My weekend plans to head to the cabin were a bust, so I found myself with a lazy Sat AM: reading, coffee in bed, perusing the internet....which led me to Shane and Shane's website. I almost SCREAMED when I saw that they were playing in the cities on SUNDAY. I couldn't believe I hadn't heard about it.

Anyway. Called my sis and soon we had a group going to the concert.

I really, really, really love Shane and Shane. They are very talented and the lyrics to their songs are fantastic. They are also funny. And down to earth. Me likey.

I thought they sang for an entirely too-short amount of time, but I always think that. They sang some of my favorites (then again, most all of their songs are my favorites) except they did not sing my MOST favorite: Psalm 62. Maybe next time. I'll be more prepared to yell it out when they ask for requests. They did my sister's favorite song via audience request. Lucky duck.

An interesting thought hit me last night during worship. I'm so moved when I sing about the truth of the GOSPEL (we sang Mighty to Save: "He rose and conquered the grave, Jesus conquered the grave....He is Mighty to Save...Author of salvation..."; Before the Throne: "because the sinless Saviour died my sinful soul is counted free.....my soul is purchased by His blood....my life is hid with Christ on high") and I'm so convicted when I sing about my response to the Gospel (Yearn: "I want to yearn for You, I want to burn with passion over You, only You"; Psalm 13: "I wait on You, For I will trust in Your unfailing love, My heart rejoices in Your salvation"). The truth of the Gospel doesn't change and it is amazing to sing about those truths. BUT my feelings change. I don't always wait on the Lord. I don't always burn with passion. It is convicting to look at my actions next to what Jesus did for me. So that was good for me last night.

I think that is what I love about their music: it is encouraging, convicting, and a lot of it comes straight from Scripture. It points to the Gospel, and that leaves much reason to rejoice.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey Han! Thanks for linking to your sister's favorite song. I had never heard that song by the Shanes before and I LOVED it too. Now I can go hunt it down, so again thank you!
Such a great concert!!! My god-daughter's night was completely made to have Bethany Dillon and both Shanes sign her ticket. =)

Kristie Johnson said...

Hey girl that is awesome!!! The gospel is always encouraging and anything that recites scripture is bound to bless us! You are so great Hannah! I am so thankful for you and your words :) Love ya!!