Saturday, April 11, 2009

Follow Up

I've gotten some great suggestions from my post on how to grocery shop for one.

I remember reading Jenna's post about green bags months ago and thinking "oh, I should try those". Still haven't tried them, but it seems like they are worth a try.

Kristie gave many pieces of great advice in response to my post. Menu planning is one area that I can really improve in! I just feel like my schedule is so flexible (one of the definite advantages of being single!) so I never really know what meals I will actually have to plan for. But I really can do a better job and that should help me to grocery shop. And yes, eggs in packs of 6 are my favorite! I actually say "YES!" out loud in the grocery store when I find them!

Another thing I didn't mention that has been AWESOME for me this month is Let's Dish. Hannah's sister invited me to come to her Let's Dish party earlier this month and I thought I would give it a try. I made 4 meals which I then split in half (each original meal makes 6 servings) and froze. The meals are very tasty, they are portion-controlled (I usually get a dinner and a lunch of leftovers out of the 3 servings I cook) and it is less expensive than a fast food meal. And much healthier! I love that I just need to pull the meal out of the freezer in the morning and it is ready to cook when I come home from work. Hardly any mess and NO wasted food or ingredients! So, if you have the freezer space, I would recommend it (even for couples - you can do the split meals as well, but you just won't have leftovers).

So, thanks for the input!

No comments: