Sunday, April 19, 2009

Did You Know....

Warning: this post has the potential to be EXTREMELY random. So, you can just pretend we were chatting in person, since chatting with me is about as random as it gets.

Sometimes I think, "They (whoever 'they' is) should create [fill in the blank]. Then life would be more convenient". Well, I have discovered that a few of these convenient "things" have indeed already been created. Maybe you've already been aware of them, but if not, here is some info.
  • Have you ever been driving a car you aren't familiar with and you need to fill it with gas? You start craning your neck to see which side the gas tank is on, correct? Worst case scenario, you pull up to the pump, get out, and realize the tank is on the other side of the car. WELL, did you know that there is an arrow on the gas gauge in the car to indicate which side the tank is on?! All you have to do is look at the gauge and see which way the arrow is pointing! GENIUS! I had never noticed that before.
  • Did you know that tin foil dispensers (and plastic wrap, et al.) have tabs on the end of the boxes that will keep the roll in the box as you pull out and tear off what you need? I have always thought that pulling out tin foil is so CLUMSY and then someone pointed out that little ingenious invention to me. Sweet.
  • A friend of mine has a new favorite drink at Starbucks and I had a sip of it the last time we were together. I can't remember the exact name of it, but it was an apple-chai-tea-hot-drink-thing. It is delicious. I went ahead and figured out how to make it at home: heat up apple juice in a mug and then steep a packet of chai tea in the apple juice (I bought decaffeinated tea so I can have a glass at night). I think the Starbucks version might have something creamy in it, which you could easily add, but I have really enjoyed this yummy drink every night for the last week or so!
  • And while we're on the topic of figuring out restaurant versions of stuff, I will tell you about my favorite cornbread muffins (from a great fast food place). All you do is get the Jiffy brand Cornbread Mix and the Jiffy brand Yellow Cake Mix. Combine both mixes and all their ingredients in a bowl, pour the batter into a 8X8 pan, and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. YUM! Tastes just like the restaurant.
  • Did you know that April is National Poetry Month? My sister has been posting a poem each day. We had a College Prep teacher in high school who was a writer and had a great love of poetry. We started each class with a poem of the day and I'm thankful that he made me slow down enough to appreciate and start to love poetry. You should check out her blog for some great poems.
  • Also, that same sister has A BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday, Eva Joy. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Now you know something new, I hope. You're welcome. If you already knew all of these things, then you should post a comment of some other helpful little inventions, or something else that you know about. I like to learn about these kinds of things.

No comments: