Saturday, April 18, 2009

First Trip Observations

Made my first trip to the CABIN today!! Here are some observations I made:
  • Gas is $.13 cheaper in the cities than near Brainerd. Good to know. I will need to keep an eye on this as the summer goes on.
  • The colors on the drive are currently brown and grey. Soon (I hope) they will be GREEN and GREENER.
  • There is still ice on the lake.
  • I also saw a loon on the lake. I LOVE hearing their call. They must like COLD water.
  • The gas tank on my new car is significantly smaller than the tank on the car I was driving last summer.
  • There is a small (or possibly large) community of MICE living in the cabin. Oy vey. I need to remedy that over the next month. I didn't SEE any mice, but there was PLENTY OF EVIDENCE. Grr.

Overall the trip to the cabin was great! There is so much cleaning to be done, though....

No comments: