Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Had A Day

So. It has been a CRAZY busy week. Activities every night, long work days, boss ride alongs, team meetings, etc, etc, etc. Plus, it was hard to focus with my TRIP TO HAWAII COMING UP.

And then today happened.

It started about 24 hours ago (as days usually do). I was trying to get some work done and some laundry done so that my Thursday could be a bit more organized as I prepared to leave for Hawaii on Friday. I thought the dog (who I'm watching while my roommate is in Japan) was acting a little strange, but my attention was stolen by the suddenly overflowing toilet. The bathroom and basement completely flooded and I was ANNOYED. And TIRED. And "too busy for this" (you've all been there, I assume).

I got to bed around 11:30, but the dog still looked pretty uncomfortable. Something continued to weigh on me that I should take him to the ER and resolve the problem, whatever it was, before I headed out and dumped him off with people who aren't as familiar with him. So I called the vet and confirmed that I should at least get him checked. I grabbed a book and headed to the vet....only to get home after 9 AM (I did make a short trip home around 3 AM to take an hour nap).

LONG story short: the dog had an obstruction that was causing his bladder to be on the verge of bursting. He needed immediate emergency surgery to save his life (and has had two more surgeries today). I couldn't connect with my roommate in Japan until after 3 AM, so I was a little stressed out with the decisions that had to be made. When I left the vet clinic this morning, there was nothing I wanted more than coffee and a shower. And sleep. Lots of sleep. Which is still to come. Sometime soon. I hope.

I should have called in sick today to sleep and pack and blah blah blah, but I didn't (stupid obligated conscience). I was getting updates from the vets on the dog, and he isn't totally out of the woods yet. Ugh. My poor roommate - getting updates in Japan on her very, very sick dog. He (the dog) was transferred to the U tonight, so he is in the best hands. If you think of it (I feel a little funny even asking for prayer for a dog....), I'd appreciate your prayers for the whole situation - it is just complicated with both my roommate and I traveling, and transferring him around so he can get the level of care he requires.

ANYWAY. As of an hour ago I started packing for my trip to Hawaii in the morning. That is, if we have a flight. Yep. Our flight got cancelled. NOT AWESOME. I have the black cloud. We (and by "we" I mean "my sister") have rebooked our flights, but we are currently on hold to work out a bug in our new schedule. I just want to get there. Which we will. But I will need patience.

So - here's the good news: HAWAII. And my sisters have been awesome by taking care of the flight change stresses and doing my dishes while I packed. Oh, and there's a LITTLE FOOTBALL GAME I'M KINDA EXCITED ABOUT ON SUNDAY (could you even IMAGINE if we made it to the SUPERBOWL?!?!?! ASA;DLFKJAS;DLFKJAS;LDKFJAS;DLFKJAS;DLFKJAS;DFLKJ)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You won't be hearing from me for a bit since I will be without my computer in Hawaii (YAY!!!!!!!!), but I will be WITH my KINDLE (have I mentioned I got a Kindle?!?! Geeking out about it, basically). I'll update you on "Life in General" when I return.

CAN'T WAIT FOR VACATION!! 8 HOURS!!

No comments: