Monday, January 18, 2010

Core Value: Prayer

(“be constant in prayer”)

Being constant in prayer obviously doesn’t mean it is the only thing you do, but it means to be habitual about it; to be persistent and devoted to prayer. Having devotion to prayer means that it affects everything, and there will be a pattern that displays devotion to prayer (not just hit and miss prayers when things are hard, or only before meals). I need to make prayer a regular, habitual, recurring, disciplined part of my life (not random, occasional, and sporadic).

In looking at sermons about prayer, I came across a helpful hints about how to pray:

F – Free (unstructured) and Formed (structured)
A – Alone and Assembled
D – Desperate and Delighted
E – Explosive and Extended
S – Spontaneous and Scheduled

I have a lot of room for growth in my prayer life, especially when looking at these 10 items about how to pray. I specifically hope to become more scheduled, extended, and formed in my prayer life.

No comments: