Sunday, January 17, 2010

Core Value: Service

(“serve the Lord”)

Serving Christ means experiencing His worth and beauty and fellowship as more compelling and desirable than anything else. The wrong way to serve is to seek the approval of man - only God matters ultimately. The main question to ask is: does Jesus Christ approve of what I am saying and doing? Serving the Lord in this way means being freed from the fickle opinions of men.

I want to serve Christ because of what he has done: provided my perfect pardon and perfect righteousness. I want to do all I can to become in practice what I am in Him.

This core value ties in with hospitality (one way to serve) and generosity (serving with my time and gifts, and doing so generously). My service shouldn’t be out of guilty obligation, but out of joyful willingness to serve the Lord and His people.

No comments: