Wednesday, November 19, 2008

That New Car Smell

I got a new car today!
There it is - a white 2009 Jeep Patriot.

Me likey.

I finally ordered a car that isn't red. I think I will like the white. When I picked it up it had 19 miles on it, and it has heated leather seats. I also love that I get free satellite radio for one year. The only thing that gets to me a bit is the new car smell. I've never had leather interior before, but I think it amplifies the smell and leaves me with a mild headache. But trust me, I can deal.

Especially since I did my detailed budget for my financial class, I am reminded how extremely thankful I am that my work gives me a car (a brand new one!) for free, and also pays the insurance, repairs, oil changes, etc. What a blessing! I only pay for gas on weekends. Awesome.

In other car news: This month marks THREE YEARS since I've gotten a speeding ticket (knock on wood)! That is HARD TO BELIEVE. There was a time in my life where I (completely legitimately) feared my license would be revoked and I would lose the awesome job that gives me (nearly) free transportation. But alas, my foot is not made of lead after all, and I've embraced the safety and freedom that comes with abiding by traffic laws (almost all of the time).

2 comments:

Eva Joy said...

IT'S SUPER CUTE!!!!!

Can't wait to see it. This weekend! Also, I will return your earbuds which I unconsciously hoarded (although I can't blame myself....they're awesome!).

Laura said...

2 words: cruise control.

cruise control is to speeding tickets as abstinance is to std's.