Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fall Colors

Took the dog on a walk on one of our GORGEOUS fall days this week.


Here are the leaves I collected on the walk:



I dried them (easiest way: put them all in the microwave between two paper towels and nuke them for about a minute, or until nice and crispy) and made a little center piece for the dining room table. I love fall and the colors, and the season never seems to last long enough! I hadn't been on a walk in a long time, so I was glad to get out to enjoy the glorious day and wonderful colors!


Another way our neighborhood has gotten more colorful is through some new murals on a model train museum across the street. The museum used to have a white exterior which would be graffitied now and then, but now the neighborhood association came together to improve the building with some train murals. Residents were given sketches to paint and the finished projects were hung last week, after the building was painted an awesome green. Here is the mural my roommate painted:

Pretty awesome, huh!?!


Another pic of the workers hanging the murals:


The building looks really great. Just add it to the list of little things I love about where I live!



No comments: