Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just wanted to acknowledge my thankfulness today. The things that come to my mind immediately are:
  • Dad = cancer free! (The bone marrow test came back yesterday, and even that showed NO CANCER! Amazing!)
  • My church. Hard to believe that I've only been a member for a year. I feel very "hemmed in" and cared for. It's great. Plus the teaching has really pushed me forward in my spiritual maturity.
  • My family
  • Good friends
  • Health
  • Extended (and not-actually-family-but-they-might-as-well-be) family
  • Plenty of needs met above and beyond.....

And my last point brings me to this: I saw this video today and put it together that my sister met the guy who made this video on her way to Africa this fall. Please watch it! Especially if you are headed to the mall tomorrow...



It's astounding, isn't it? Especially since I have been trying to be more frugal, I've realized how much I spend unnecessarily. I usually don't like being convicted by videos about how I'm such a terrible consumer, but every once in awhile I need that reminder, especially heading into the next month. Plus, it's a pretty cool, well-done video. Their website is Advent Conspiracy.

And my final Thanksgiving thought. This card makes me laugh my head off every year. Not sure why, but I think it is absolutely hilarious!

So, Happy Thanksgiving! I am so enjoying the time with family, the food, and time away from work!

P.S. I figured out how to post videos from YouTube! Aren't you proud?!

1 comment:

Emily Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.