Thursday, May 6, 2010

Uncharted Territory

I haven’t touched my quilting project in months. I’ve basically been avoiding it because I have no idea what I am doing. I’ve never gotten past the point I am at on my own – I’ve always sent out the quilt tops I’ve made to be quilted by someone else. But I decided to finally completely finish this quilt on my own, so I’ve now encountered uncharted territory.

I had some plans cancel at the last minute on Sunday, so I decided to pull out all of my quilting stuff, and MAN there is a lot of stuff that goes into finishing a quilt. Now I have the motivation to get this quilt done because I don’t want all this stuff out forever and I don’t want to be quilting during the nice summer weather. I’m pleased with the progress I’ve made in the last few days, but now I have reached the completely intimidating part of actually finishing the sewing. For someone who isn’t the least bit scared to speak in front of hundreds of people or play ball with the boys, you’d be surprised how scared I am of sewing a quilt and messing up all my hard work up to this point!! Crossing my fingers I’ll blaze my way through uncharted territory with at least an average outcome. A baby is probably going to receive this quilt, so they won’t be the harshest of critics, but I still want it to look nice!

No comments: