Sunday, May 30, 2010

Target Field

I had my first Target Field experience last Thursday. I sat way up high in left center with my sister and it was SUCH a great night! Even having a bad cold didn't hamper my excitement, especially since we beat the Yankees!!

I had read an article at the start of the season on what would be missed from the Dome. The author (can't remember where I wrote this stuff down from...oops....) said that he would miss the protection from elements, Dome-field advantage, Dome dogs, wind blowing you out the doors, needing ear plugs at postseason games, and World Series memories - but he said the new menu, the view, the wide concourses, the better bathrooms, and no 50-yard line would more than make up for those things. I definitely agree that the new stadium makes up in so many ways for the things that will be missed from the Dome, but I would add to the list that I will miss the DodgeBall game after the third inning (which I "famously" played once...) and the Hormel Row of Fame ("great for lunch, great for dinner, you could be a wiener winner in the Hormel Row of Fame!!"). Certainly I love outdoor baseball more than enough to not really care about missing those things, but those are some of my fond memories of the Dome....guess I just have to start going to more games at Target Field to make even more fond memories there!! LOVED IT!

No comments: