Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Little Pop Culture

I went to see the Conan "Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television Tour" last night and LAUGHED SO HARD. Like scream-laughing. LOTS of "ugly" laughing. Oh, man. It felt so good.

I've always liked Conan and thought he had the best show on late-night television (that is, after Craig Kilbourne's show ended....WHICH STILL UPSETS ME). Once college was over I didn't catch his show quite as often due to the late hour, but then along came Hulu, and I watched an episode now and again. I was really excited when he moved to a time I would be able to stay up for, but then we all know how that ended. And speaking of when it ended - that was some of the best late-night TV I've ever watched. Conan's last week on the air was super-funny.

So, I've always thought he is awfully funny. Got it. But one of my favorite Conan moments was his speech at the end of his last show. It has been described as very classy, and I would agree. He had reason to be very upset and feel "wronged", but he took the opportunity to appreciate all that he had done in his career up to that point, and also encourage people to not get cynical (which is one of my least favorite qualities as well) but to be kind and work hard.

I could only find a clip of his speech with an intro from another show, but if you are interested, here it is:


And while I'm on the topic of funny things, I wanted to post this video about the making of my FAVORITE COMMERCIAL EVER. It's a long video, but if you are at all interested in video production, advertising, etc, it might be worth the 19 minutes (put it on while you fold laundry like I do). I'll also post just the commercial in case you are only interested in that, but I think once you watch the commercial and get over how funny it is, you will start to think "....yeah....hey....how *did* they make that?!?!"



Enjoy! And have a good laugh. It's healthy.

No comments: