Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Heat Is On

From the moment I landed in New Orleans on Saturday, I've been amazed at how hot this place is! Unbelievable! Almost simultaneously, the heat went on in MN - my Facebook homepage was full of updates on either the heat or the Lost finale (which I still haven't seen!). Yesterday morning I got a message from my sister which said "I don't care how hot it is there, I bet it is hotter here". I thought I would check it out on weather.com.....at 10AM it was 89 degrees with 44% humidity in MN, and 94 degrees with 47% humidity in New Orleans! I'm sure it got hotter in both places throughout the day, but I was just thankful that I am not in MN right now where I would be in and out of my hot car all day in a suit.....instead I am standing in one place in an air conditioned conference center. I also know that I would be resistant to turning on the air in May in MN, but in my hotel room I don't mind cranking up the AC! It looks like the heat will break a little in MN just in time for me to return tonight, so kickball tomorrow shouldn't be miserable. Regardless, I'm SO excited for a sunny weekend at the cabin!

No comments: