Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wedding Season

YAY!

It’s wedding season!!

I hosted my first (and I guess only) bridal shower of the season last Thursday. We had a nice time, which I hope makes up for the invitation: I sent an announcement to be put in the weekly church update that goes out to all members. Imagine my HORROR when the announcement came out and it said BABY shower, not bridal shower! How embarrassing! I ran to my email to make sure I hadn't made the error, which I hadn't, but I still felt horrible! Especially since the girl being honored is a very new member at church who many people still haven't been acquainted with. Anyway, a correction was sent out, so it was all fine and we had a good laugh about it. NO baby shower, yet. Just a bridal shower. Oy.

I also attended another bridal shower on Sunday, and this coming weekend the actual weddings start!

I seriously LOVE wedding season. I love seeing groups of people who have been in hiding from my life since the last wedding season, and I LOVE celebrating my wonderful friends and the love they have found and share with special people. I also love getting to know those new special people because, as I have mentioned, my friends' husbands are the bomb.

So, it’s time to break out the cute dresses, awkward dance moves, and Kleenex (since I cry like a BABY at weddings) and get my WEDDING SEASON on!! WHOO!

1 comment:

Eva Joy said...

Get your wedding season on.....hahahaha....Dad is never going to live that one down.

Makes me laugh every time.