Sunday, June 21, 2009

Birthday Week 2009

Oh, it was a very fun week! Here is a list of some EXCELLENT things from the week:
  • Went to LaCrosse last Friday for my sister's graduation from Residency. We ate at Fridays where they have AMAZING Jack Daniels menu items. YUM!
  • We "celebrated" Father's Day there and Dad is pretty EXCITED about our gift to him (motorcycle rental for a day).
  • We also celebrated my birthday where my sisters announced their gift to me: tickets to the SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE TOUR!
  • The next day there was a picnic for my sister's graduation where we learned to play croquet. New favorite yard game!
  • That night we went to a banquet for my sister's graduation. SUCH an accomplishment!
  • I then ate Chicken McNuggets at midnight on the way home......to stay awake. And because I wanted too. And because they are delicious and I hadn't had any in SO LONG.
  • I was on Welcome Team for church, which I totally love!
  • Four people got baptized after church
  • Then we had a picnic on that very hot day, where we played sand volleyball until I wanted to pass out, and it was SO FUN
  • Monday night was spent helping some best good friends move back just a few blocks away! YAY! The night was gorgeous and a bunch of us stuck around to eat and laugh and it was good times had by all.
  • Tuesday was the Twins game: DOME DOG, fun friends, Mauer went 4 for 4, and we won!
  • Wednesday was kickball: my team surprised me with a cake and a gorgeous card!
  • We also happened to beat the only other undefeated team in the league that night, so now we are in first place!
  • Thursday (my actual birthday) started with leftover cake for breakfast!
  • Had a very productive day at work, for good measure
  • PANCHO VILLA for my birthday dinner! Thoughtful friends, great food!
  • Received beautiful flowers from my aunt
  • Lazy day off on Friday (finishing up work from the week and getting ready to head to the cabin)
  • Basketball friends at the cabin - they also surprised me with a cake (complete with sparkler-candles)!
  • S'mores, bonfires, late night board games, yard games, grilling, and ABSOLUTELY PERFECT WEATHER...
  • Learned to knee board (my friends brought knee boards instead of wake boards, so that is what I learned, and I liked it!)
  • We also had JET SKIS for the weekend!! MY FAVORITE!!!

Can't think of much else. Needless to say it was a FANTASTIC Birthday Week!! My thanks to everyone who went the extra mile with surprises and kind words and coming out to celebrate with me! I feel BLESSED. I also feel older, because all this activity has left me EXHAUSTED!!

No comments: