Sunday, June 28, 2009

Good Morning?

Well, the wake-up part of this morning could have gone better...

[Alarm rings]

[HB hits snooze]

[Alarm rings]

[HB hits snooze]

[HB promptly realizes that she should NOT be hitting snooze....]

[HB QUICKLY sits STRAIGHT up in bed]

HB: "OH NO!"

[EB, who is spending the night, is awoken]

EB: "What..."

HB: "I missed my tennis match!"

[HB hastily grabs her cell phone, now realizing she is more than 20 minutes late for her match. She simultaneously feels terrible for the player she has left waiting for a match that won't happen and about the thirty dollars she will owe the club for missing a match]

Tennis Club Man: "Hello"

HB: "Hi, I was calling to say that I am going to miss my league match this morning"

Tennis Club Man: "Umm....we don't have leagues this morning"

HB: [thinking she has lucked out and managed to sleep in on one of the days when there are byes] "Oh, great! Thanks!"

[HB hangs up phone and lays back in bed]

HB: "There's no league today. I guess they have byes today."

EB: "Don't you have tennis on Mondays?"

HB: "Yeah, at 6:30, but he said there are no leagues today."

EB: "It's Sunday."

[long pause]

HB: "Wait. What? Wait. Oh, man. It's Sunday? I had no idea it was Sunday. Wait a minute. What day is it? I never would have known it was Sunday!"

EB: "You just told me last night that you might happen to wake me up when you were getting dressed in the morning because you didn't know what you wanted to wear to church."

[long pause]

HB: "Yeah."

EB: "Do you still have time to make it to Welcome Team?"

[HB checks the clock]

HB: "Oh, yeah, I have 40 minutes."

[HB lays back down, sleeps for a moment, starts laughing...]

HB: "I can't believe that..."

EB: "HB! LET ME SLEEP!"

---End Scene---

This dramatization might not be EXACTLY accurate (because I was obviously out of it at the time), but it is very, very close. I've been known to be a bit groggy when I get up in the morning, but today really takes the cake. We've all had days when we wake up and are not sure what day it is, but it usually only takes a few moments to realize what is going on. I actually made a call and was told there were no leagues, and I STILL thought it was Monday. Yikes.

1 comment:

Eva Joy said...

That WAS a pretty close rendition, considering how out-of-it you were. Except instead of "Don't you have tennis on Mondays?" I am pretty sure I asked, "Do you think it's Monday?" And really, what I meant was "You think it's Monday." because I could tell how very, very confused you were. Also, I could hear the guy you were talking to on the phone and his calm response to your groggy-yet-panic-stricken voice was probably my favorite part of the whole thing.

I told Mom and Ang about it at the shower this afternoon and they were laughing pretty hard. Ang's response: "Classic Hannah."