Monday, December 28, 2009

Technologically Advanced. Or Not.

I really love end of the year lists - the best of this, the worst of that, etc. I especially am loving lists about the decade, seeing as it is almost over.

I felt so technologically advanced when I read an article on The 20 Best Gadgets of the Decade. I've heard of everything on the list except the Dyson Air Multiplier, and most of the items I've even used at one time or another. I'm truthfully not very technologically advanced at all, so I was pretty impressed with myself.

Until I watched the following video about Google Wave. Now, I love a lot of the features on Gmail (and I'm sure I don't even use many others that are available), but I seriously was SO LOST when I was watching this video! Typically people in my generation are the ones who are showing our parents what to do with email, Facebook, etc, but I don't know if I will ever understand Wave enough to use it. Boo. Anyone else feel this way? I wonder if Wave will be something everyone will be using....or maybe they already are and I am that far behind.

No comments: