Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wait a Minute...

OY VEY! The last few weeks have flown by! I won't bore you with the details. There are lots of them.

Anyway, I'm so far behind in posting that I still haven't mentioned anything about Aquatennial week. I know I've mentioned how I love the Ten Best Days of Summer before, and this year was no exception. I didn't go to as many events as I normally like to, but I did catch a few.

Once again, I was able to watch my cousin in the tennis tournament downtown. SUCH an awesome atmosphere, and SUCH awesome tennis. He ended up losing in the finals to a great player who has been touring in Europe for two years. It was by far the best tennis I have ever seen live, and very exciting, too: the first set went to a tie-breaker (and one of the games in that set had over 20 deuces...no lie!)

Thanks to the long-lost days when I was a "local queen", I've been to almost every single Aqua event...except the Torchlight 5K. I've seen it happening as I've waited for the parade, but I've never participated. This year I tried to get a group together to do the run, but it ended up being just me and one other friend. IT WAS A BLAST! We both rode a Minneapolis city bus for the first time ever, ran the race on a beautiful night, and laughed a lot. I think I'd like to do it again next year.

I also thought about going to the fireworks (since they are the best fireworks ever!) but I ended up staying home and going to bed early. Can't really remember why, other than it must have been a crazy week and I had reached my breaking point. Oh well. Maybe next year.

1 comment:

beth said...

We are TOTALLY doing that again next year. Unless one of our toes is injured :)