Monday, July 28, 2008

Lost Post

Not the show (although I will have posts about it when fall TV arrives). Just a blog post.

I just wrote a post about how I love tennis and I love the Aquatennial, so I really loved watching my cousin play in the Aquatennial Plaza Tennis Tournament last week. But when I hit publish, the post disappeared into the deep internet abyss, never to be seen again. So, lesson learned: type posts in Word and then just copy and paste when I am ready to publish. Okay.

In my post, I talked about why I love the tourney (mostly about the setting of having a court set up on a plaza downtown by a light rail stop with all kinds of crazy distractions) and the Ten Best Days of Summer (mostly for the fun events like milk carton boat races, ski shows, Torch Light Parade, especially the fireworks) but I really don’t feel like recreating the post now, so this is it. Probably a good lesson in being more concise anyway.

In other news, I haven’t been in the cities for a weekend yet this summer (except for one where I had back-to-back weddings – including playing piano in one – so I don’t really count that), so it was nice to be around here and enjoy my friends this weekend. It was filled with some relaxation, cleaning, a one-year-old bday party (complete with water balloon games – fun), and a third baby shower in three weeks (lots of Preggers around here, y'all). Overall, good. Except for the insomnia thing I’ve been fighting for a few months. I’ve encountered insomnia in the past, but never to this level. But I haven’t felt tired during the day, which is an answer to prayer, so things are good.

Also – why don’t “lost” and “post” rhyme? After all, they have the same spelling. Strange.

No comments: