Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Roundy's Reward Program

I have a new favorite reward program!

I've been known to be a member of every reward program known to man, but my two favorites are at Super America (I get iTunes cards after I accumulate enough points from buying gas, that way I don't ever spend money for music) and CVS (I've mentioned the Extra Bucks program before, and even though I'm not as diligent about it as I once was, I still save money there pretty consistently buying things I need - mostly toiletries).

My new favorite reward program is through Rainbow and BP. You can sign up for the program at Rainbow (it's called the Roundy's Reward Program because Roundy's is Rainbow's generic brand line). For every $50 of groceries you buy, you get $.10/gallon savings at BP. One great thing is that you don't have to carry your reward card with you, you just punch in your phone number at the checkout. Also, the money you spend is tracked, so you don't have to spend $50 each time you are at the store - it accumulates as you go. Then, whenever you like, you can use your card at participating BP stations to save on gas. Right now I'm at a savings of $.70/gallon, so I filled up a full tank for $20 (it would have cost me $30).

Thought I would pass on the info - especially if you already shop at Rainbow or live near one. I always love saving money, especially when it's on something (groceries and gas) that I have to buy anyway.

3 comments:

Laura said...

We would do this in PA (but with Giant Eagle, not Rainbow).
Another thing that we would take advantage of is that Giant Eagle would also sell gift cards for various businesses in the area, so if we knew we were going to spend fifty bucks at let's say...Dick's sporting goods, we would get a gift card from the grocery store, and then use it to buy what we needed at dick's. (a beating the system way of saving gas).
During the holiday season, they doubled the amount of fuel perks you could get, so it was even more savings, because people were out buying Christmas presents anyway. We loved it. In fact, we still have our giant eagle cards, just in case we're in the area. :)

Hannah said...

Genius! Love it

Arleigh and Jeff said...

That is really good to know that it's actually making a difference for you! Every time I go into Rainbow they ask me if I have a Roundy's rewards card and I say no. Maybe I should get one :D