Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Weekend Worthy of Bullet Points

Such a BUSY weekend. Too many terrific things to write in paragraph form, so bullet points it is.
  • BABY!!! One of my besties had a baby on Thursday! Both baby and mom were doing well and I was SO happy to swing by on Thursday (...and Friday...and Saturday....) to cuddle with the little bug and bring treats! SO happy for all the smiles already shared about her little life - and thankful for the many, many more smiles to be shared over the years!
  • After visiting baby on Friday night, I spent time with some single ladies from church. I loved hunting for kindling for a little fire in the "woods" of Burnsville and chatting about life, love and other mysteries ("other mysteries" mostly consisted of talking about makeup, so I basically LOVED that).
  • Had a great talk with my sister after her eye surgery. It was great to laugh and I'm glad she is doing well.
  • Saturday morning meant getting up early to put together a new fridge. There were no doors on it and LOTS of little moving parts (literally), and roomie and I figured it out! Not only did I feel like Rosie the Riveter, we now have a fridge big enough for us to both have some food in (our current fridge is only slightly bigger than a dorm room fridge - not kidding). I'm VERY excited about the prospect of cold drinks thanks to the extra space. And maybe I'll be motivated to get to the grocery store more often. Maybe.
  • Then I was off to help a friend clean for a grad party. One of the tasks I was given was to plant flowers. If you know me well at all, you know this was a stretch for my skill sets. But it got done. And good conversation was had with my AP.
  • Off to a bridal shower on Saturday afternoon. I LOVE WEDDING SEASON. I really enjoyed catching up with some girls and I even cried (happy tears) a little. My friend getting married is a fantastic example of the beauty of adoption: she had a baby while we were in college and gave her up for adoption. She has stayed in contact with the adoptive family, and her daughter will be her flower girl. They (her daughter and the adoptive mother) were at the shower and I don't think there was a dry eye in the room during introductions when the adoptive mother talked about how our friend gave her the most special gift. I'm thankful to witness that in person.
  • Back to visit baby after the shower, and then I headed to the gym with my AP. We worked out for two hours and it felt awesome (until I couldn't walk without pain today...)
  • Enjoyed watching a movie with my AP, even if I fell asleep.....TYPICAL. I had never seen Say Anything, and I was pleased to discover how quotable it is. I will have to watch it again sometime, and not sleep.
  • CHURCH today. I had missed the last three weeks of church and I was really missing it - the teaching, the people, etc. So great to be back.
  • Got a free sundae from Culver's at lunch. They messed up our order, but the sundae was worth it.
  • A nice afternoon of catching up after my whirl-wind weekend, and I'm currently crying through watching the latest episode of SYTYCD. LOVE.
I'm sure I missed some great things about the weekend, but that covers plenty of them. But now I have tons of WORK to do...and my boss is with me for the next two days...and I always leave it all for Sunday night...BAHHHHH. I'm so good at procrastinating. BOO. Oh well. The weekend was worth it.

No comments: