Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer of the Skirt

I love wearing skirts and dresses, and there is no better time to do so than summer. I'm much more comfortable in a skirt, and I can dress them up, or dress them down. I love love them.

Last summer my sister declared it the "summer of the skirt". I can't remember the exact comment one of her friends made, but it was something along the lines of her declaration not really having any significance since wearing skirts is nothing out of the ordinary for her.

ANYWAY (I feel like that was a rambling introduction), a few weeks ago I walked into church in a skirt. My AP said "I knew you'd be wearing a skirt". I replied, "I will be every Sunday. It's the summer of the skirt!" and her sister chimed in, "I feel a blog post coming on!" She was right!

So I was going to write a post about the Summer of the Skirt and all the reasons I like skirts, but then I came across this article in the Strib - looks like these girls really beat me to the punch! I don't always read the Strib, so it was ironic that I happened to pick it up in a clinic on the day this article was run. Another friend posted about this same article, so it reminded me to get it on my blog, as well. You can find their website here.

C'mon, everybody! Get in on the Summer of the Skirt!

No comments: