Monday, June 28, 2010

10 Days

Ummm...why haven't I posted in 10 days??
  • BIRTHDAY! It was FUN. Perfect weather, great friends, wonderful food, games, laughs, and lots of smelling like a bonfire. Overall, I felt very blessed.
  • Miss Minnesota. I hadn't been to Miss MN in a few years. I thought the show was great, that the production value has gone up since I was a contestant, and that the contestants themselves were impressive. I really liked briefly catching up with my pageant friends and I found myself simultaneously missing pageants and not missing them at all. It's a strange juxtaposition of feelings that pageants create for me, which my former-Miss-MN-friend explains more eloquently than me. I'm glad I went, and even more glad I had an excuse to wear fake lashes, even with my bum eye.
  • Ride alongs. Three of the four days I worked last week I had a manager with me. That is just plain BUSY and STRESSFUL.
  • Went to a church softball game, played kickball, grilled out, and generally enjoyed the hot weather.
  • Impromptu visit to my AP's apartment after the gym. We watched funny TV, talked, and laughed. And hopefully relieved some of our stresses.
  • Dinner with college roommates at Brasa - YUM and so great to catch up with some of my favorite soon-to-be-moms!
  • Two weddings in one weekend. Both beautiful, both fun, both memorable.
  • Road trip with each sister to and from the first wedding. Also included in road trip: late-night pizza and movie at the hotel. My fave.
  • Dog sitting. It was SUPER humid this weekend, so the dogs definitely got kicked out of my bed, but we still had a good time watching cable together :)
  • Impromptu game night with the "brothers". I was definitely in bed at 8pm on Saturday night, but the funny pictures they texted got me out of bed and driving through a storm for good laughs. Love them.
  • Welcome Team at church and Small Group. I'm so blessed by my church friends!! Such a great day. The long day was wrapped up by sitting outside on a gorgeous evening with two great girls - we had a good, difficult conversation and I was laughed at. A lot.
Holy cow. No wonder I could barely open my eyes this morning! This week is shaping up to be just as busy and just as fun.

No comments: