Sunday, March 1, 2009

Remembering My Intentions

Hard to believe two months of the new year are gone. Usually by this time I've forgotten about any resolutions I made. I thought it would be better for me to check in on my intentions every two months in order to hold myself more accountable. I've bolded the items I've already completed and written my comments in italics.

  1. Read through the Bible (I am not doing well here...)
  2. Play piano once a week (this also is not happening...)
  3. Stay caught up with my Bible study (okay, I'm 0 for 3...)
  4. Remember to take my vitamins everyday
  5. Read 12 novels (I've read 4 already)
  6. Read 12 non-fiction books (read none so far)
  7. Run a half-marathon (coming up)
  8. Run an Olympic triathlon (need to decide what I am doing with this...)
  9. Beat my best time in sprint triathlon (again, need to decide what I am doing...)
  10. Get out of debt (other than house) (doing well so far)
  11. Save three months of emergency money
  12. Drink 4-8 glasses of water a day
  13. Cook once a week
  14. Lose weight (10-15 lbs by May 17)
  15. Win a tennis match (YES!)
  16. Take one picture everyday (possibly scrapbook them) (this is NEVER going to happen. But it was a nice thought)
  17. Blog at least once a week
  18. Go on a road trip
  19. Host a party (I've had people over, but it wasn't really for a "party")
  20. Drink less than two pops a week
  21. Develop core values sheet
  22. Finish memorizing Romans 5
  23. Refresh memorization of Ephesians 6
  24. Refresh memorization of 2 Timothy 2
  25. Memorize Romans 12
  26. Memorize Luke 2
  27. Learn to wakeboard
  28. Organize photos
  29. Clean out basement (SO intimidating...)
  30. Save to pay for ticket to Lithuania in cash
  31. Ski at least five times (almost...)
  32. Complete unfinished quilts (two) (done with one...)
  33. Organize Itunes
  34. Be more disciplined with bedtime
  35. Send cards to friends on birthdays (oy...I think I've failed)
  36. Assemble and hang world map at cabin
  37. Make a new email account (love it!)
  38. Read instruction book for new car
  39. Have a garage sale (again, SO intimidating...)
  40. Lift weights consistently (not so far...)
  41. Go to a Twins game
  42. Go to a Vikings game
  43. Get a tan (and it's gone already...)
  44. Tithe
  45. Clean out computer files
  46. Sit in a hot tub (while watching a sunset in Hawaii. not bad)
  47. Learn to bike better (possibly through spin class?)
  48. Go on a date
  49. Figure out the email function on my phone (LOVE IT!!#*$!&!#^!!)
  50. Organize my blog reader
  51. Visit Grandma in Iowa
  52. Teach the dog to “come” (working on it...)

I've completed 29% of the list and we're not that far into the year, so that's encouraging (even though I clearly will not ever complete some of the things on this list - and that's okay).

No comments: