Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Weakness

One among many.

SHOES.

It's awfully cliche for a girl to have a weakness for shoes, but really, I swear that I don't like shoes just because I'm a girl. I like them because no matter what size my butt is, my shoes still fit. So, that's that. It's unconditional, both ways.

Anyway, I went to the mall on Sunday to have shirts made for my upcoming race. I was expecting to drop the shirts off and pick them up the next day, so I was caught off guard when they said I could come back in a half hour to pick the shirts up.

What's a girl to do with a half hour to burn at the mall? GO TO DSW!

I was a good girl and I headed straight for the clearance section. As I rounded the corner, my eyes went straight to a certain pair of boots and I said "well, hello! YOU'RE ADORABLE!" (yes, it may have actually been audible...)

As I put them on my feet, I noticed the 70% off sticker and I said "You MUST come home with me!"

And they did.

They make me want to put on a sundress, paint my nails a deep purpley-maroon, carry an over sized shoulder bag, and get a haircut with the perfect bangs. The cuteness, OH, the cuteness!! Seriously. The snow better hurry up and melt so I can wear these.

I didn't want my sporty side to feel totally neglected, so I bought this sassy number as well:


And with that, I blew nearly all of my monthly budget for clothes on the first day of the month.

I also spent my budgeted money for gifts because I am about to take a trip with my two favorite five-month-olds on the planet and I simply COULD NOT go without getting them matching clothes. I am GIDDY just thinking about it! TWO WEEKS!

So. That's it.

3 comments:

Eva Joy said...

CUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE the new shoes!!!!!!

Laura said...

Those boots will fit right in, in Lithuania

Hannah W said...

Those boots are so cute! Bring them to MD because it is in the 60's here right now! Hopefully it stays like that until you come... Case is counting the days!