Tuesday, February 17, 2009

To My GPS

Dearest GPS,

I am so sorry that I didn't protect you better. I should have kept you with me. I shouldn't have left you in the car all by yourself to be snatched away in the middle of the night.

We had so many good times together. You always knew when to tell me to turn and you continually put up with me being a scatterbrain and needing a detour. I remember all the times you gave me a phone number I needed or told me where the nearest McDonald's was (BLESS YOUR HEART). You even put up with my constant refusals to buy the map updates. Those were the good times.

So last night when the dog woke me up with crazy barking, I had no idea that a stranger was breaking the window of my car to take you away from me. I'll be okay for the rest of this week, but I'm pretty sure I'll be rushing to replace you this weekend, seeing as I'm going to some of my new clinics next week and I will be lost otherwise.

But don't worry. I'm heartbroken for the time being. Pizza and ice cream are easing my pain, but all I really want is my GPS back (and a few map updates).

I hope you at least go to a nice person on EBay.

Love,
HB

1 comment:

Eva Joy said...

:(

This makes me so sad. And the injustice of it makes me angry. What a pain, inconvenience, and horrible feeling of violation. Let me know if you have trouble finding what you want to replace it. You can always borrow Tom in the meantime. I could come up early Mon morn and get him to you.