Monday, February 16, 2009

No Sleeping In

Sleeping in is like my favorite thing EVER.

But I didn't do any of it this weekend. And that was okay.

On Friday babysat overnight for some friends who went to a marriage retreat. I actually was woken up that morning by my dog (who I had with since I was also dog-sitting for my roommate) and I had to wake the baby up myself at 8:30 - seeing as it was only an hour and a half until her nap time! I had tons of fun babysitting NB and she is THE BEST BABY EVER. Well, she isn't really a "baby" anymore, but still. She was great!

Saturday was Valentine's Day [spoiler alert - for those of you who didn't know that it was. Little late now, I guess]. I just went to a friend's house with a few girls and we ate and chatted and called it an early night.

Sunday was church and then I went to my friend's house for their 5th Annual Nascar Hootenanny. They throw a party every year for the Daytona 500 and everyone has to come dressed as a hick. Also, the food was Twinkies, nachos (Doritos w/ squeeze cheese drizzled on top), chicken strips from a microwave meal, chips, chips, chips, and ding dongs. Everyone picks a driver to cheer for and you win if your driver wins the race or if they get into a crash. There were a ton of people there and it was really fun/funny. But it turns out that Nascar races take FOREVER to finish, so I left early. Still fun, though. You should have seen some of the outfits....

Today I have off for President's Day, but I still had to get up at 6:15 for my Monday tennis league. Too bad I forgot to check the schedule last night so I didn't realize that I have a BYE today and I could have slept in after all! UGH! I'm trying to focus on all the things I can get done now with my "extra" time - like uploading my pictures to Facebook. So productive.

A good weekend, all in all. Even without my precious sleep.

1 comment:

Eva Joy said...

I also had no sleeping in (and a few very late nights!) at camp. As I am lying here in bed at Emily's house at 11:00 trying to get myself to wake up fully, the thought of you getting up at 6:15 and having a bye makes me very sad for you. I hope you are being productive!

I saw the Nascar pictures that Arleigh put up. Just as funny as I thought it'd be. You should have taken your spacer out for the day. :-)

Happy Valentine's Day! I love you very, very much!!!!!!