Friday, February 27, 2009

I Love the Heartland

Not the Heartland as in the Midwest, although I do love that as well.

I'm talking about omelets here, people.

This morning I had breakfast at Perkins (paid for by my boss) and I was really craving an omelet. I always just order my own version, but I realized how expensive that is when I choose to get seven ingredients. I had never really looked at what is in the omelets that are already on the menu (assuming I wouldn't like them anyway) but today I did, and I COULDN'T HAVE BEEN HAPPIER.

Let me tell you about the Heartland Omelet. It has HAM, BACON, SAUSAGE, cheese, and onion. Some are probably tempted to call it The Meat Omelet. And those people wouldn't be crazy. There was so much meaty deliciousness going on. And I was so happy.

I was also treated to Caribou today. I only treat myself to Caribou on Sundays and I always get a White Chocolate Mocha. Earlier this week I saw a new drink advertised at Caribou - a Vanilla White Chocolate Mocha. I knew my boss would buy me Caribou today, so I had been waiting all week to try the new drink. And I wasn't disappointed! YES! I LOVE new favorite drinks (though I highly doubt it is a "new" drink, but they simply are advertising it now)!

No comments: