Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Red Letter Day*

Today was a Red Letter Day.

Every spring there comes a day when I no longer have to wear a coat to work. And it has to be a very nice day for me to not take a coat, since I am in and out of my car all day. It's not like I just run into the building and run back out at the end of the day.

Yesterday afternoon I actually started SWEATING while wearing my coat, so I left it in the car for the rest of the day. And after taking one look at the forecast for today I LEFT MY COAT AT HOME (although I was wearing a suit coat, so there's that).

I don't think I've ever done that in February in my four years at this job.

So, yeah, RED LETTER AWESOMENESS.

It won't last long, however. Supposed to get hit with anywhere from four to ten inches of snow tonight (does anyone else think that is an awfully large margin of error...???).

But I definitely enjoyed the 40 degrees while it lasted and I will miss it until it returns.






*I had no idea what Red Letter Day meant, but I knew I was using it properly. Even so, I was curious enough to know it's original meaning that I Googled it. If you are curious as well, you can see for yourself.

No comments: