Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fun Game

How well do you know your states?

My sister put this on her blog and I got sucked in (because I wanted to beat her).

My first try I got 90%, 16 miles average error, in 557 seconds.

I played again and I got 94%, 8 miles average error, in 178 seconds.

I will say that it DOES matter the order you get the states in because the states that border the ocean are easy to place. I got Missouri as my first state on my first try, so there was really no point of reference to put it down, so I just put it down in the middle somewhere and was already off by 276 miles. Had to dig myself out of a major hole there. And it isn't really fair to judge by anything but your first try, because once you've played the game, you sort of remember where everything is and you can just buzz right through.

However, the second time I played I actually MISPLACED ALASKA. I was in a hurry and I released the mouse too quickly. LAME.

Anyway, now that I've wasted 15 minutes on this game, you should too.

1 comment:

Eva Joy said...

The order of the states can make or break ya.

Also, I understand about the Alaska thing. Kind of. My email browser popped up while I was trying to place Florida and I had to click back on the tab to get back to the game. When I did, the error thing said I was 2076 miles off and my Florida was sitting in the Pacific ocean just slightly west of southern Mexico....