Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekend Recap

I had the nicest weekend. I had a rushed week, and I think I'll have another rushed week coming up as I get ready for Hawaii, so I'm thankful for such a nice weekend. Here are the highlights (these highlights also serve as a list of accomplishments. Accomplishments for me at least, mundane as they may be...):


  • I limited myself to one social activity (besides church). I turned down a "girls night" party on Friday and spent a good evening by myself - worked out, cooked, watched a dumb RedBox movie, finished a book, and went to bed early. Loved every minute.

  • Saturday was my social activity (after sleeping in, of course) - a Pampered Chef party. I wanted EVERYTHING and bought NOTHING. I exercised every tiny bit of WILL POWER I've ever thought I had.

  • Had more nice time by myself - working out, cooking again, reading more, watching TV and to bed early again.

  • Great Sunday morning at church, successful shopping afterwards for Hawaii, a great workout (finally ran four miles - I'm woefully behind in my training for my half-marathon), more cooking, got a ton of work done, and now I am watching a cheesy Hallmark movie. I LOVE cheesy Hallmark movies! A great day.

  • Best discovery of the weekend (technically my roommate discovered this last week, but I tried it for myself tonight): when you sautee cabbage in just a little bit of oil.....this will sound crazy, but......it actually tastes like FRENCH FRIES. You have to close your eyes and imagine just a tiny bit, BUT it tastes really good! And my roommate says the oil isn't all that bad (and there isn't much of it anyway). I also tossed in some zucchini and yellow squash and it was really tasty. I sort of ruined the Gingered Chicken recipe, but the veggies were a success.

When I write it out like this, it sounds a bit boring, but it was absolutely wonderful to me. Like I said, I needed the change of pace in order to keep my sanity. Bliss.

No comments: