Friday, January 2, 2009

Starting Off On the Wrong Foot

I spent time with a friend and her sweet three month old last night. I got to hold him and snuggle with him for a few hours. It was wonderful.

Problem is, I was also holding him when I FELL DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS.

It. was. the. worst.

Thank goodness I fell backwards onto my butt and slid down, instead of falling face first. And it wasn't the longest staircase in the world (I probably only fell 7-10 stairs), so that helps some. And his mom was right there to comfort him, so that helps a lot.

But still. He was so scared. I wanted to crawl into a hole.

It didn't seem like he was hurt, so that was wonderful. I've been thinking about how awful it could have been all day (thanks to the pain in my back and neck as a reminder of the tumble).

Didn't exactly start out the new year on the right foot. To say the least.

No comments: