Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Whiny Blog

I was about to write a post about how much it stinks to have my job at this time of year. You know - the time of year when it feels like THIRTY BELOW OUTSIDE. It's also not the best job to have at the height of summer heat, but at least the heat doesn't cause the MOST OBNOXIOUS TRAFFIC ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET like the cold and snow do.

But, I'm reconsidering a post like that. I get the feeling that my last few posts could come off as whiny (oh, the deficiencies of non-verbal communication), and I don't want this to be known as the Whiny Blog. So instead of detailing how I got up early yesterday and went out in the freezing cold for a tennis match that ended up being cancelled, and worked in terribly cold weather for two days, and topped it off with a terrible commute this evening, I decided to make a list of the great things about the last few days.

Here goes:
  • Last night I made Chicken Tortilla Soup. So cozy. It didn't turn out super tasty (even after I doubled the garlic and quadrupled the chili powder), so I am still in search of a great, creamy, easy, tasty tortilla soup recipe, but it was still very fun to hang out in the kitchen for awhile and make some food for the week.

  • I finally got a bonus at work. It is nothing near what I've made in the past, but at least I will be able to tell when it hits my bank account.

  • My roommate is gone this week, so that means the boy is sleeping (and cuddling) with me! Please, let me remind you how adorable the boy is:




mmmmmmmmm.........love him

  • My GPS probably saved me an hour on my commute. I had only moved one block in twenty minutes, with over 30 blocks to go. I hit "detour" to take me onto the side roads - and I was home in 15 minutes. YES!

  • The house is CHRISTMAS-Y! I decorated tonight in anticipation of hosting a party this weekend. I really love Christmas lights and nativity scenes. Now the house has them both.

  • Speaking of that party - I CAN'T WAIT! I'm excited to clean (finally. I've been putting it off until right before the party), bake, and see people (and BABIES!) that I haven't seen in awhile.

  • Heated seats in my car. Never been so happy about that.

  • The Vikings are genuinely playing well and the last two games of the season are very important for our chances to make the playoffs. It's fun to hope for the best in the next few weeks (while maintaining my status as a true Vikings fan by expecting the worst).

So it's been an okay couple of days after all.

1 comment:

Emily Grace said...

I am catching up on your blog because:
(1) Though I knew you had a blog, I don't remember the last time I looked at it,
(2) Your blog is very entertaining. I am not surprised. You are very entertaining,
(3) I can, because I have NOTHING else I have to do right now, because I finished finals last night