Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Open This Box

If you love music, and love discovering new (to you) artists, you MUST STOP READING THIS BLOG RIGHT NOW and get an account at Pandora.

Pandora is internet radio. When you make an account, you can create your own "radio stations" by entering an artist's name or a specific song title. I currently have about twenty artists as radio stations. When you select a certain station to play, it will play songs by that artist as well as similar artists (hence the ability to discover new music).

For instance, one of my stations is "Ingrid Michaelson". When I played that station the other day, songs were also played from Sara Bareilles, Colby Caillat, Feist, The Weepies, Yael Naim, and Missy Higgins. Some of these artists I am familiar with, and some I am not. As songs play, you can give them a thumbs up or thumbs down, and then that song will play less or play more.

I'm probably late to the game on this, because I usually am on things like this. My sister brought this up to me at least a month ago and I delayed making an account because I thought it would be time consuming. It only took five minutes, and I wish I had done it months ago! It is so great!

Especially if you are a big fan of music - you MUST get an account at Pandora!

2 comments:

Eva Joy said...

Told ya so.

Eva Joy said...

I just created a Christmas station with the holiday albums from:

MercyMe
Shane&Shane
Third Day
Sara Groves
Josh Groban
Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Michael Buble
Relient K
Sixpence None the Richer
Mannheim Steamroller
Jars of Clay
Casting Crowns
Bebo Norman

I'm excited.