Thursday, December 18, 2008

On the "Must Do" List

Well, I missed a really awesome date night. With the boy (you know by now that "the boy" means "the dog").

The Riverview Theater hosted a "take your dog to the movies" night on Tuesday. I heard about it after the fact, otherwise I totally would have been there! The movie was Marley and Me - a movie that I would like to see. I've heard it's a tear-jerker, especially for dog lovers.

The thing is, I've lived in this neighborhood for two years and I have yet to do some very "neighborhood-y" things. The Riverview Theater is less than ten blocks from me, but I've never gone. I've heard such good things about it - popcorn with REAL butter, cheap tickets (HELLO, THREE DOLLARS), and so on. But I just haven't made the effort to head over there.

Well, now I know that they do all kinds of cool things at the theater (in addition to using real butter). I was wishing I would have known about the dog/movie night, so I went to the website to sign up for the email alerts. If I wasn't already busy this coming Sunday I would ABSOLUTELY be going to the day-long Lord of the Rings Trilogy Screening - with two of the three extended editions. Oh man, I can't think of a much more fun day of being at the movies!

Anyway, if you live in the area, you'll probably want to check out the theater as well.

1 comment:

Eva Joy said...

1) Um....WHY HAVE WE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE?!?!?!
2) The thought of you sitting in the theater with "the boy" makes me smile.
3) I SOOO want to go to the LOTR screening. But I'm working.
4) We will be going together sometime in the next year.