Monday, December 8, 2008

Don't Judge

Confession: The truth is that I don’t eat Ramen because I have to, I eat Ramen because I want to.

There is absolutely no part of me that wants to eat healthy. I am no parts granola, all parts Ho-Ho. My favorite ingredients are refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup. My favorite food groups are grilled cheese, mac and cheese, hot dogs, pizza, shakes, candy bars, malts, French fries, chips and salsa, ice cream in general, meat, and cookies. Did I mention cheese, chocolate, and ice cream?! I’m not five anymore, but I’m pretty sure I eat like I am.

You’ve heard before about how much I like McDonald's. This weekend I had pizza for four meals – and I don’t feel guilty about it. I liked - nay - LOVED it.

But the truth is that I’m not getting any younger. I’m gaining weight and something’s gotta give. I’m afraid it’s my diet.

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Good thing I have lots of friends at church who seem to like eating healthy (although I’ve always thought they are big liars….or that they’ve been brainwashed into THINKING they like eating healthy but deep in their soul they know they hate it….).

We’ll see. I’m starting by mixing in a yogurt here and there, along with drinking more water.

But don't think I'm not going to splurge at Christmas parties, per usual. That's how I roll.

1 comment:

Eva Joy said...

That's how I roll....hahahaha.....that's punny.

Because a diet like that will make you roll. Or at least waddle. : )

Also, I will eat Ho-Hos with you anytime, any day. JLMK.