Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What I Read on Vacation

Here is a list of what I read on vacation:
  • Transfer of Power by Vince Flynn
  • Just Do Something by Kevin DeYoung
  • The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon
  • Shopping for Time: How to Do It All and Not Be Overwhelmed by Carolyn Mahayney
  • TONS of magazines (oh, how I heart magazines. heart heart heart)

I basically enjoyed all of them. It was a good mix of fiction and non-fiction. I didn't think that I had ever read Curious Incident, but after about five pages I remembered I had (although I couldn't remember how the book went, so I continued to read). I had forgotten how great the book is - a very unique perspective from the main character and a very quick read. Transfer of Power was a very long read, but it was a good political thriller. I definitely recommend Just Do Something, and Shopping for Time was a good read with practical tips to prioritize and organize busy lives. Overall, a successful trip-worth of reading.

No comments: