Thursday, September 24, 2009

Reunion Reminder

My five year college reunion is tomorrow night.

Wait......WHAT?!?!?!

It's been five years? Really doesn't seem like it.

I know that once I get there, I'll enjoy myself (at least I assume I will), but I have really not been looking forward it. Partly it's because I think it's kinda obnoxious to do the obligatory update with people I won't see until the 10 year reunion, but if I'm honest with myself, I also don't want to update anyone on my life because there aren't any of those "major" updates to give. No kids. No husband. Heck, I've only been on (maybe) five dates since college! (But don't tell anyone at the reunion.....)

So it was good for come across a blog about the "deadly game" of comparison.

A good reminder for me as I head to my reunion tomorrow:
"The danger of comparison is we find ourselves looking to other people for
our value and determining our value by how we compare with other people."

1 comment:

Steve said...

I say just start talking about your world adventures with everyone. I mean you coming to Lithuania in February, who else at that party is doing that? Because if there is someone they haven't told me about it. But as far as major thing that have happened you have had a few...buying a lake house, taking care of your dad, visiting numerous NFL stadiums, being generally awesome. You know things like that. Have fun.