Monday, August 25, 2008

What I Read on Vacation

  • Magazines: three Entertainment Weekly, two Sports Illustrated, two Redbook, one Woman's Day, one People
  • The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
  • Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
  • Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult
  • Between Sundays by Karen Kingsbury

I planned on reading more nonfiction, but I don't feel too bad about it. I read A LOT. I needed the escape into novels. I really liked the novels I read, and I obviously had some magazines to catch up on. I suppose I could include my reviews of each of these books, but I don't really feel like detailing all of them. I'll just say that both Joy Luck Club and Peace Like a River were written in very unique styles, both different than I had ever read before. What I appreciated most about both of those books was the character development. Peace Like a River was surprising in many ways, so that kept me interested. Of course I love Jodi Picoult, and Plain Truth did not disappoint. Keeps you guessing until literally the last page. Again, great character development. Between Sundays was exactly what I expected: a fluffy religious novel with gushy love stories. I like it. Such a fun escape. I liked even more that the story revolved around football (I CAN'T WAIT FOR FOOTBALL) and was such a quick read.

Even with all the reading, I still had a chance to catch up on Project Runway, Flipping Out, the Olympics, and JON AND KATE PLUS EIGHT (LOVE THAT SHOW). I don't have cable, so I indulge while I'm on vacation. I also rode the SeaDoo until I wanted my arms to fall off! I love vacation, but now it is back to reality. MEH

No comments: